This will be an interactive seminar, with discussion focusing on the following:
- The current crisis confronting the safeguarding of athletes
- The importance of the holistic development of athletes, including our work on athlete education, development, wellbeing, transition and retirement
- The work of the World Players Association in advancing the voice, rights, development and wellbeing of professional athletes throughout the world
- The difficulties athletes face in accessing justice
- The need to reform the ‘culture and content’ of global sports law through the Universal Declaration of Player Rights
- The relevance and importance of our work in embedding human rights in world sport in partnership with the Sport and Rights Alliance, as seen by changes to the Olympic Host City Contract, FIFA and UEFA policies and agreements, and the commitment to establish an independent Centre on Sport and Human Rights.